Go To Russia Travel is a small Internet business. Its personnel interact with embassies, travel agencies, property managers and various people in the tourism industry. 1st Custom Software was hired to do a system design for this small business.
Go To Russia Travel’s goals were:
- increase its overall efficiency
- process more applications with fewer data entry errors
- reduce the amount of personnel required for the existing volume of business
1st Custom Software decided to observe the employees doing their work, and spent time with each worker to analyze the current business process. By understanding the existing work flow, 1st Custom Software was able to apply their technology knowledge to the project and propose ways to cut the work flow via automation.
We created a design that included:
- passing data from one application to another without the re-entry of data manually
- summarizing data into reports, improving the quality and speed of the owner’s decision making ability
- centralizing information into a MS SQL database that would support multiple offices
- security for the proper handling of customers’ credit card data
- electronic interfaces to exchange data with external business partners
- accounting features and check printing
In addition, 1st Custom Software upgraded the database software for Go To Russia Travel. Before 1st Custom Software was hired, the MS Access database was crashing every day because it could not keep up with the business. The new MS SQL database installed and configured by 1st Custom Software has been reliable, and supports a new office.